Sunday, June 5, 2011

Where did May go?


Last month flew by ... somewhere in between celebrating Mother's day ... driving to Austin for my nephew's graduation ... preparing for the Cafe Lago exhibit ... and the very humbling experience of watching Oprah's final show (realizing I was 35 when she started and celebrating my 60th birthday the day she said goodbye) ... the month just disappeared ... vanished!!

While we were in Austin, I started reading this book ... "A Homemade Life" ... it was my little treat to me ... read in 15 minute handfuls ... and it was a treat! A very quick read ... fun stories, fun recipes ... and ... best of all ... her final words went straight to my heart! Thank you, Molly!

"Underneath everything else, all the plans and goals and hopes, that's why we get up in the morning, why we believe, why we try, why we bake chocolate cakes. That's the best we can ever hope to do: to win hearts and minds, to love and be loved."
Molly Wizenberg

No comments:

Post a Comment