Monday, March 14, 2011

Afternoon Sketch


"One word frees us of all the weight, and pain of life ... that word is 'love'. Sophocles


In all honesty ... this is an afternoon sketch! Today was a busy day ... with an agenda all its own ... so I took a deep breath and went along for the ride. It was almost 3:00 when I finally sat down in my studio ... brain tired but needing to create ... so I reached for paper and pen and began to doodle ... just like the morning sketch exercise ... only I forgot to set the timer! That meant I needed to decide when to stop. Found out, I missed the BING of the timer and that last burst of energy that comes moments before it sounds ... but even without the timer and the silent energy it adds to these sketches ... this was a fun sketch to create ... I felt refreshed ... and I do love its quirky personality!

No comments:

Post a Comment